Sunday, April 18, 2010

Prom 2010

Prom was last night.  I love these kids and am so glad they shared part of their night with us.  Everyone looked fabulous and very grown-up.

100_5765

100_5772

100_5783

     100_5785

There was a DVD played at the prom with pictures of everyone.  They included Peyton’s picture too.  They have no idea what that means to us.  They didn’t do it for our benefit; we weren’t even there.  They did it because he is part of them and they miss him too.

It’s been hard lately.  All the senior activities, including last night’s prom are “in your face” reminders that Peyton is not here.  Even so, I want to experience them.  Tom & I love these kids so much.  It has been a privilege to see them grow into young adults. 

I have also been working lots of hours and Saturdays (tax season).  Being tired makes me more susceptible to the emotions of grief.  I’ve let the extra hours at work get in my way of spending enough time in God’s Word or in prayer.  Why?  He is what gives me strength, my life.  I don’t want to do life on my own, even if I didn’t have the grief battle.

Father God I will spend more time with You, in prayer and in Your word.  Thank you Lord, that You never give up on me and are with me always.  I am a work in progress.

.

4 comments:

Kelley said...

Becky,
I have been thinking about you a lot and praying for you. I know this is a difficult time. The kids looked precious in the prom attire.

Pam said...

Looks like a beautiful evening. I'm so glad you were all able to share it together. I know it must be hard watching Peyton's friends and be all the more aware that he's not with them right now. Hugs to you, friend!

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time at the Prom. I know it has to be hard, but I know it is such a blessing for those children to know that as hard as it is for you, you are willing to share in their joy. Have a blessed weekend! Jackie

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

How precious that they shared their special night with y'all. I can tell that you and your family are VERY loved. And if his friends love you so much, how much more does Peyton love you (even now)!

(((hugs)))

I too find that the more tired I am, the more I have to fight a bad attitude and bitter spirit.

I am praying for you right now.

Love,
Marsha

PS I read The Hiding Place last week. It was amazing and really ministered to me... I keep thinking about how our boys are "Released". Peyton and Christian will never have to feel the hurt that we do. They are home... we are still waiting for the train.

"Every experience God gives us, every person He puts in our lives is the perfect preparation for the future that only He can see."

"There are no 'if's' in God's world. And no placess that are safer than other places. The center of His will is our only safety - let us pray that we may always know it!"