Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Growth & Changes

So many thoughts and feelings rolling around inside.  Tom and I returned from vacation last week and I have to say, it was one of the best things we've ever done for ourselves.  The opportunity came suddenly and it took a day or so before we said yes.  Tom and I are inexperienced when it comes to travel and vacation so it was difficult to say yes to something so spur of the moment.  The time had come to shed any doubts and go for it.  We had a few days to pack and plan and when the day arrived for us to leave, it was obvious God had arranged it all.  I had several high pressure situations at work and they were going to be completed and settled the day before we left.  It was perfect timing and I felt very free to enjoy myself and not concern myself with the office.  Saying yes to this opportunity and traveling on our own were not the only things that caused us to grow.

This trip would enable us to further intertwine our lives with our adopted family.  When you spend 4 nights and 3 days together, playing in the sand and surf, eating out, etc., you get to know people on a more intimate level. It was a growing experience for all of us. This is one of our adopted grand kids seven years ago.  Here is a link to the blog post I wrote. Everything I wrote in that post has come to fruition and is getting better and better.  God is good!
The following pictures show what a great time we had and we are forever grateful.



No comments: