Sunday, May 13, 2018

Mother’s Day 2018

It’s been awhile. I hope I remember how to blog. I would usually post to Facebook but this day warrants more words, so here goes.
The last three days I have been in a terrible state of mind, focusing on myself and what I thought people should do for me or should have done for me. I’ve been in a deep pit and I didn’t even care!  I’m not going to go into details, but it was bad. This morning I had decided I was going to serve at church and then leave, not even stay for service. I kept picturing myself in a puddle of tears if one person said Happy Mother’s Day. I was dreading it. As I was getting ready I told the Lord, “I need something special from You, something that lets me know You are here.”  I know He is always with me, but as I said, I was in a bad way.

Tom and I got to church and set up breakfast for all the volunteers and I began to feel better. That’s what happens when you serve others and get your eyes off of yourself. The morning progressed, lots of Mother’s Day greetings and I did not melt into a puddle. HOWEVER, there was a moment that had me sobbing. A woman gave Tom and I a gift, a very special gift.



This is Peyton’s handwriting cut out of wood!  She used something I had posted on Facebook and I didn’t know she was doing this!  This is where she got the handwriting.

I’ve wanted this done for awhile and was looking for the right thing to use. Little did I know, God had it worked out. The blessing from the sign is amazing, but the other, bigger blessing is that she thought of us. Add to that, the fact that I had asked God for something special this morning. He loves me so much, even when I’ve been ungrateful. His mercy endures forever. I can’t act bad enough for Him to leave me or give up on me.

Thank you so much Michelle for using your talent to bless us this morning. It is the greatest thing to be used of the Lord and you certainly were today.

4 comments:

mommak said...

I love that you blogged about this... we all have days we struggle and I can't imagine the struggle you go through at times (and especially on Mother's day). And I love that you pointed out that serving others helps us - it sure does for me! What a precious gift from Michelle! She is an amazing lady! Love you and Tom! I'm thankful that you show SO many others how to follow after the Lord! I'm sure Peyton is looking on from Heaven and is very proud of his Mom! I sure would be! :)

suddenfire said...

oh, Mrs. Becky, .....we love ya!

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

What a beyond thoughtful gift! Amazing treasure. Praising God for showing you in a tangible way that He has not forgotten you. Happy tears.

Pam said...

It's good to see you here. I've missed your posts. I wish I could give you a real hug right now. God is caring for you and this is such a beautiful piece. You are loved.