Sunday, June 26, 2011

Love and Fear

“The strongest person you will ever meet is a person who knows how much God loves them.”  This is paraphrased from something my Pastor said this morning.

Isn’t that so true!?!?!?!!!!! 

People have told me I am strong.  I’ve never felt I was particularly strong.  I have some really low moments.  But I do know how much God loves me.  The fact that God loved me, was the only thing I was sure of after Peyton’s accident.

I John 4:18

18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

Having the confidence of God’s love, enables us to live this life without fear. 

I see people living in fear and they don’t even realize it. 

Fear of rejection

Fear of death

Fear of failure

Fear of not being enough

Fear of not finding or being loved

God loves us so much.  Live life fearless.  Live life as though you know how much you are loved by the Creator of the universe.  If you don’t know or if no one has told you, read the following Bible verse.

John 3:16

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Don’t be skeered; leave a comment!!!  I know they will be  very good and thought provoking.

Thanks for reading : )

3 comments:

Kelley said...

I love your post! When Blake died, I knew that God loved me and that He loved Blake. I never wavered in that. I wasn't angry with the girl that hit him either. (I didn't know any details, that helped.)I wasn't angry with God either. I believe He gave us free will. In that, things happen. Things I don't like. I knew that to heal Blake, he had to go to Heaven.

Jake said...

Amen!!

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

I am so glad that we don't have to rely on ourselves, we don't have to be strong. All we have to do is lean on our mighty God. And yet we so often try to do and fix things ourselves. It is God that blesses, God that gives the increase, and God that builds up. And I am thankful!

Love you, friend!