Sunday, April 19, 2009

Prom



Me, Casey Jo & Tom




Tom, Me, Megan & Adam

Tonight was Prom night. We met the Peanuts so we could take some pictures of the kids. I love these kids and are glad to have them around. I appreciate them sharing their lives with us. When we were at the park, I saw a guy wearing a Peyton button. I was surprised, but it made me feel good.

I have been having some low times the past couple of days. I suppose the whole prom thing makes me realize the milestones we are going to miss out on. I am grateful to be a part of the other kids lives, but of course it is not the same. I am not sad for Peyton, he is missing nothing. My heart just hurts for Tom & I. There is a hole in our lives and it will never be filled. I can only distract myself with other good things so my heart doesn't ache so much.

I pray that God shows us ways to enrich and bless others' lives. That is why we are here, to be a blessing to others.

Father God,
I come to you in the name of Jesus. I thank you Lord that you illuminate our opportunities to bless others. I thank you Lord that we are quick to speak Your Word into peoples lives. You are opening doors and our focus will be on others. I know Peyton is in Your care. You will put people in our path that we are to care for. I thank you Lord that we are still parents and will continue to parent as You send kids to us. You have equipped us for every good work.

Amen

No comments: