Thursday, April 16, 2009

Relief?

Today, April 16th is what everyone in an accounting office dreams of, the end of tax season. Of course for people who extended their returns, they have until October 15th, which is also a crazy deadline in the accounting world. But for now, I am at the office enveloped in quiet.

Right now after all the rush, there is a little let down. Don't get me wrong, I am really, really glad it is over. I look back and think of last year and all I was going through. It amazes me that I made it without losing it too much.

Around the end of Feb 2008, I went into the Managing Partner's office to talk to him. I told him, holding back tears (not too well) that I couldn't work tax season hours and still hold it together. Being too tired makes it hard to focus on the good and the loss was still so fresh. He looked at me and said, "Do whatever you need to do, we will manage." He meant it; I could see it in his eyes. Having that kind of support was invaluable to me. I knew it would be okay to take care of myself and people would understand. Several times I was crying in my office and people came in and prayed for me. What more could you ask for in co-workers?

I am a blessed woman and I know it. I miss you PDJ.

There is no tax season in Heaven.

1 comment:

dar said...

No tax season in Heaven - roger that! Keep on keepin on, Becky, you are an inspiration!