Monday, August 11, 2008

7 Months

Tomorrow it will be 7 months since Peyton's accident. It feels like forever. This weekend was very hard emotionally. I don't know if it is because of the anniversary or what. I don't know what is "normal". A friend of Peyton's had a car accident last Wed. He is in ICU with two broken legs. Tom and I went to visit him but I was unable to go into his room. I broke down and did not want to upset him. I hadn't been to a hospital since the accident. I am determined to see Zane in the hospital and unfortunately I am sure I will have the opportunity as his hospital stay will be lengthy. I pray for him and his family and thank the Lord for his complete recovery.

After 9/11, Peyton was afraid. One day he was reading his Bible and came out of his room all excited. He said, "Mom, look what God showed me.!"

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

I was so proud that day. It was exciting knowing that Peyton was hearing from God. He wasn't even 10 years old yet. It is hard to reconcile in my mind this scripture to what happened to Peyton. The thing I am sure of right now is, God loves me. I don't understand the whys or what the future holds, but I know God loves me and He will never leave me. I know that Satan is a liar and I know God has a blessed future in store for Tom and I. His Word says so.

No comments: