Monday, August 18, 2008

First Day of School

Today would have been Peyton's first day of his Junior year of high school. Most of my morning has been consumed with thoughts that he is not here. I miss him so much, but I am glad he doesn't have to go to school. Peyton did well in school but always thought his time could be better spent elsewhere. Hunting, fishing, hanging with friends, etc. Peyton enjoyed life. I know he is enjoying himself now.

Now I am going to focus on what I am grateful for.

God loves me.
My son is in Heaven.
I will see him again.
My husband is a blessing to me, Tom loves God and loves me.
We have wonderful friends who love and support us.
I have a very understanding employer.
Mel is coming to visit on Friday.
Zane is getting better.
Peyton's friends are our extended family. I love those kids.
My son lived his dream.
Peyton will not be forgotten
Peyton's friends miss him, but are living their lives.
My church is awesome.

This is a very small list compared to the amount of blessing in my life. I am grateful for everything.




No comments: