Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My Eyes Are Open, My Heart is Changing

I have been thinking about this post since last Sunday. God used Matt Beemer to speak to my heart.

In the past, I have kept my focus on the local church body. Ever since Peyton's accident, I think about all the people in Heaven. There are people from all over the world........people from the beginning of time.......in Heaven and I wonder; who has Peyton met? When Pastor Beemer was speaking, I realized we are one church body and I should be interested in what is going on in other parts of the Body. What ministries are going on that need my help? I have never felt as connected to the Church as I felt on Sunday. Pastor Susan, our prayers are working. My eyes are open and my heart is changing.

I think this is the first time in a year that I have cried over something besides my loss.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean. I had a very similar experience in Missions class in LWBTC. In my spirit I finally saw all the tribes and tongues around the throne of God. I was so stunned at how narrow my vision had been but God opened my eyes! Truly for the first time in my life I wept for the world. And on Sunday Matt Beemer explained SO WELL how we fit with all the peoples God hooks our church up with to accomplish His plan! Our little spot in Alma is part of the great plan of our Great Father God! How awesome is that!

Staci said...

oh, the excitement of the day we live in! Prophecies are coming to pass concerning the Body of Christ! We are at a point that many have looked forward to and waited for! I believe that great cloud of witnesses is getting excited and even STANDING to see where the Body of Christ now is!! I just cry every time I think about the Plan and Purpose God has for us! I could say so much more, but, you know . . .

Anonymous said...

Becky, this is so awesome!!!!!! I too received light that fueled me. The Big Picture.. . . . It was very powerful. You bless me.

Anonymous said...

Our prayers are working and it is so exciting to know people are grabbing hold of the HIGH calling. It's big and we have a significant part in it!! We are those "who have turned the world upside down" Watch out world!