Wednesday, November 12, 2008

10 Months

Today is the 10 month anniversary. I am doing fairly well...yesterday, not so much. Focus, focus, focus. I don't understand how something that can make me so miserable, still seems so unbelievable. Tom misses Peyton. I miss Peyton. Peyton's friends miss Peyton. Everyone misses Peyton. They let us know in so many ways, and this means so much. I have never experienced the openness about grieving as I have in this situation. No one seems to be afraid of expressing their sadness or their happy memories. WE NEED THIS SO MUCH!! I cannot imagine going through this without our friends. They are invaluable to us and we love them. I have been hugged more in the last 10 months than in my whole life. I love it and I need it.

Thanksgiving is right around the corner. The family will be gathering together and there will be a hole. I am not looking forward to it, but I will find many, many things for which to be thankful. God is good, all the time.


1 comment:

Trish said...

Becky, I will be be praying for you and your family during the holidays. Let God be your strength.