Thursday, October 29, 2009

Cold Weather Cooking #2

I hadn’t planned on doing a series on cooking, but I couldn’t think of a catchy title.

This is a picture of some thick, chickeny, dumplin filled goodness.

011

Are you drooling?  This is some good stuff, if I do say so myself.  Since it has been raining here in Arkansas for 40 days and 40 nights a long time, I thought Chicken –N- Dumplings would be a good meal to fix.  I don’t have a recipe, some of this and some of that but I do have a helpful hint.  DO NOT BOIL THE CHICKEN.  What?!?!?  I’ve always boiled the chicken.  I read somewhere that it dries it out and it does.  I thought, “what difference does it make, it’s in soup for Heaven’s sake?”  It makes a difference.  I used a rotisserie chicken and it is succulent in this dish.  I couldn’t believe the difference it made. 

Do y’all have a favorite cold weather meal?  Please share in the comments!

6 comments:

Jake said...

I'm droolin over here....

this is a southern meal I need to make! I like to cook ya know?

Kelley said...

I lurve chicken and dumplings! One of my favorite cold weather meals is chili.

Jessica said...

Yum!! I just found a chicken and dumplings recipe that I am going to try!! My favorite thing to cook in the cold weather is soup! Any kind of soup! I have tried a few new ones this year and it has been a success so far! Trent hasn't complained anyway! :)

Anonymous said...

WOW! That looks amazing! :) I am with Jess. I think one of my favorite things to cook in cool weather is soups/stews & I have done my fair share of them this year...mmmm

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

On the two days of cold a year that we have in Houston, I make chili. :) Simple version of ground beef, tomato sauce, kidney beans, chili powder, cumin, and some other spices. Always with fritos, chopped onions and cheese!

Alison said...

I crave chili when there's cool air, but now I'm craving some chicken and dumplings!