Thursday, January 22, 2009

1963

Tom was born in '63. He has a collection of coins that were made in that year. I don't know why, I guess it is cool to have things as old as you are? He has a 1963 Chevy pick-up he is working on. He traded motors and put it back to a three speed. Burke, Adam & Brock were over yesterday and he took them all for a ride. He said "it would move". I don't ask specifics. It has drum brakes, you have to pump them a little. I think brakes should work immediately...at least when I am driving.

I need to get a pic to post of Tom's truck.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I gotta ask, has Tom ever revved the engine, looked over at another driver at the line and challenged, "Pink slips, pal!"!? And I can't think of anything I would like to have as old as myself. But I'd love a Ford "Woody".

Trish said...

The breaks bring back memories. I used to ride to work w/ my brother many many moons ago, and he had an old Ford truck that you had to pump the breaks numerous times. Not a good feeling from the passenger side!!!

Jake said...

Would love to see pics. Sounds really cool...